For inner stuff (Purnam):
Jaggery (grated)/ Sugar -1 Cup
Moong dal (pesara pappu) / chana dal cooked -1 cup
Elachi (Cardamom) powder (Tip: grind by adding 2 spoons of sugar) -1/4 tea spoon.
For Chapati :
Maida - 1 cup
Rice flour -2 tea spoons
Sujii/ bombay ravva/ Upma ravva - 1 table spoon
water- 1 cup
salt - to taste
Plastic cover (Zip lock bag/ Aluminium foil)--->surface to roll the dough.
- Cook chana dal in pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
- Jaggery + Dal + Elachi powder--> Grinder/ processor---> smooth paste
- 2 tbl spoon oil + all flours + salt ---> Mix well--->make like chapati dough (wait for 10min)
- Take a lemon size ball of dough--->keep some oil on plastic bag and roll the dough on the bag to make chapati.
- Take a double the lemon size inner batter and wrap it with chapati. (now it shoud apper like boiled egg with two layers).
- Press gently with hand to make flat disc.
- Heat pan and apply oil and fry the paratha on both sides.
- Serve with ghee (optional) and Enjoy with your loved ones.