Brinjal/Egg plant/Bengan/Vankaya chutney

Brinjal is one of my favorite vegetable. I love Hyderabadi style bagara bengan. Sone are very allergic to this vegetable. I find some people who are allergic to Gongura are also allergic to brinjal. I love this chutney it smells awesome. I found this brinjal in Kroger super market near my home. It is garden grown/organic, so I felt it will  taste better than the one you get in market.

Ingredients:
Brinjal- cubed to pieces- 1 cup
Cilantro/coriander- 1/2cup
Ginger- 1  inch piece
Garlic- 4 cloves
Tomatos chopped-1/2cup
green chili-2
salt to tase
cumin seeds few
coriander powder-1/2ts
red chili powder-1/2ts
Chana dal-1tbsp
vegetable oil-2tbsp
For seasoning
Cumin seeds- few
mustard seeds-few
chana dal-1/2tbsp
Red chili-1

Directions:
Heat 2tbsp of oil in a pan and add brinjal saute until half cooked and remove, now add all the remaining ingredients and cook them under medium flame in a closed pan. When the tomatos are well cooked add brinjal and cook for few more minutes and turn off the stove. Now grind them into fine paste and take it into bowl. For tempering heat 1tbsp of oil in a pan and add red chili, cumin, mustard and chana dal one by one and wait till they spalatter. Now add this tempering to grind mixture and mix well. Enjoy this with rice/roti.

Hope you like my recipe.Plz come back agian:)

Comments

  1. I love eggplant! This dish looks wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds interesting. Perfect for Dosa.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice chutney...would definitely try this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice delicious Chutney !!

    Ongoing Event - CC-Appetizers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking colorful chutney. Excellent preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never thought of eggplant in chutney. will try it soon. Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting way of cooking the brinjal! U have a lovely space Deepthi! Thanks for following me on Ruchik Randhap (Delicious Cooking), I am glad to join u!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Aubergines and this chutney looks too delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice chutney..
    savitharajsspiceland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that looks super delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. never tasted a chutney with brinjal...looks so yummy

    Ramya
    Ongoing event: Fusion Food: Pasta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by GOOD FOOD RECIPES
Bookmark this blog, or subscribe via email, the recipes will reach your inbox
Do not forget to like me on Facebook and follow me on twitter :)
Please come back again :)
your DD :)