Bundi Laddu- very special sweet for all occasions in India

Dedicating this post to my lovely brother, sorry ra eesari neku rakhi kattadaniki nenu lenu. But I'll send it for sure. love you. 
Today I'm posting this recipe for the occasion of Rakhi, the festival of brother and sister in India. This is "Raksha Bandan" means " Raksha= Protection, Bandan= Bond". The festival is marked by the tying of a rakhi, or holy thread, by the sister on the wrist of her brother. The brother in return offers a gift to his sister and vows to look after her as she presents sweets to her brother. This year 2011, Rakhi is on August 13th. I'm posting this for those lovely sisters who can prepare this sweet early for their naughty brother's like mine.




Bundi laddu is my brother's favorite sweet. He gulp's the entire laddu at once into his mouth. When he was kid, my mother used to hide the laddu box from him. But he is very intelligent, he used to find it out and finish the entire box in no time. And now my hubby is big fan of this laddu's. I made them perfectly but missing my bro. The laddu's came really good.
                                            Designer Rakhi (single Rakhi) + Pink Roses Bunch
Coming to recipe,
Ingredients: (Makes 12 small laddus)
Besan/ senaga pindi- 2 cups(1 cup=160ml )
Oil for deep fry
Golden resins/kismiss-hand full
Cashewnuts-hand full
Ghee(clarified butter)-2tbsp
Lemon juice-1/2tbsp
For sugar syrup:

Sugar-2cups
Water-11/2 Cup
Cardamom pods crushed-2

Others
Laddle- special laddle is required for this as shown in fig.




Directions:
For sugar syrup:
Boil 2cups of sugar and 11/2 cup of water in a vessel until you attain half thread consistency. Half thread consistency means when you take a drop of sugar syrup in your pinch and try to separate your fingers, a small thread forms and breaks as you extend more this is half thread consistency. When the consistency is reached turn-off the stove and add few lemon drops and cardamom powder and mix well.




For making Bundi:
Mix 2 cups of basin with water (app~2cups). The consistency of batter should be like a butter milk. Now heat enough oil for deep fry in a pan. Now Take laddle and pour 1 big spoon full of batter on to laddle by holding it on the top of oil, now the batter falls like small droplets from the holes in the laddle. Fry this droplets, till they turn golden brown. Add them to the sugar syrup. Continue this process till the batter is finished.
For making Laddu:
Heat 2tbsp of ghee in a pan and fry kismiss/rasins and cashewnuts to golden brown and add it along with ghee to the bundi mixture. Mix well and keep it aside till it attains room temperature. Now take hand full of this mixture in your plams and make them into round balls. It is your wish to make the size you wish. In between clen your hands with water/ wet your hands with water, them the laddus will come out with fine finishing. Dry them under fan for few  hours and store them in a box, you can refrigerate them for long life.
Note: Do not make it too cool, because the sugar gets crystallzed when it cools.




Hope you like my recipe, please feel free to post your comments. They are very valuable for me, you can even subscribe by e-mail to my blog, the recipes will reach your inbox. ThanX for visiting my space. Please bookmark it to visit/ remember again.

Comments

  1. those are perfectely made laddos...looks so yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaa,.. Perfectly made ladoos. Better than storbought..Can i get one ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. awesome looking laddus. :D I love laddu :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly done. My mom makes this for diwali and i love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and delicious looking ladoos.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome and looking very yummmy...
    www.savitharajsspiceland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious ladoos...made to perfection....

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks delicious! A speciality I have never eaten.

    Thanks for passing on my blog and for the kind words!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Deepti...Thnx for liking my space and joining me...These ladoos looks awesome...And that you have boondi yourself is amazing....Glad to join you...
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. ThnQ friends for lovely comments!!!!shanvi I'll have one on ur name!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laddus make me crave for them. Very inviting and sweeetttt :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummy laddoos look perfect

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good way of expressing love. Mee laddu chala baga undhi. Love it.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  14. The boondi laddus are something that I could never bring myself to try. Your pictorial makes it sound so simple. Will try this sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I understand it is the favorite os your brother, it´s look delicious.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  16. laddu looks so perfect n delicious....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic Job! Perfect laddu. Looks so delicious. Nice pic presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. u made this????? great dear...when i see a boondi ladoo i remember my childhood...

    I first tried making this at the age of 12...and it was a wonderfull flop :P....anyways i guess now it is time to try for some occassion

    ReplyDelete
  19. such interesting sweets! I wish I could just grab them and eat...yum! yum! I havent tried this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. the laddoos look perfect! pls pass me some...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ladoos look awesome dear. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely ladoos.I like them a lot too can I grab some?:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow.......these look soooooo yummy.

    alpana
    smart-snacks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, I love boondi laddoo and yours have come out so well. I need to try it one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site.
    Return Gifts | Silver Plated Gift Items Online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by GOOD FOOD RECIPES
Bookmark this blog, or subscribe via email, the recipes will reach your inbox
Do not forget to like me on Facebook and follow me on twitter :)
Please come back again :)
your DD :)