Chicken 65 & Happy friendship day wishes to all bloggywood foodies!!!!


I learnt some traditional dishes from my mother, but not very good at it. After my marriage, I came to USA last November and started cooking on my own. If I were in India my mother or mother-in-law would have helped me, but here I have to learn on my own(that's so sad!!!!!). First I used to follow youtube video's by vahchef and now I'm able to cook on my own. I love the way how he explains and explores the dish. He is always ready,  right from history of the dish under lime light to share with us. Thank you vahchef for your yummy recipes. So, now how this dish got it's name is a big question mark for every one, out of several myth's vahchef reviled the original story behind the name of the recipe. This chicken 65 originated in a military canteen in Tamilnadu(one of the state in south India) and this recipe used to be the 65th item in the menu list and every one used to order it as "chicken 65". That was a lovely story, now coming to the recipe.


Ingredients:
Chicken cleaned and chopped to medium size cubes-1/4KG
Oil for deep fry
egg 1
pepper powder-1tbsp
salt to taste
red chili powder-1/2tbsp
Aginamoto-1/tbsp
Ginger garlic paste-1tbsp
Green chili-3 in number
Corn flour-1tbsp
curry leafs-1 spring
Ginger grated-1tbsp
Garlic minced-1tbsp
cilantro/coriander and onions for garnishing
lemon juice for extra flavor

Directions:
Mix egg, pepper powder, little salt,ginger garlic paste, aginamoto, corn flour and chicken and deep fry the marinated chicken pieces. Keep them aside. Now take a pan and heat 2tbsp of oil and add ginger, garlic saute until raw flavor goes away, add green chili and saute it till they are completely done, then add some red color if you wish. (to prepare red color take 2tbsp of water and add 1/4pinch of color and dissolve well). Then add salt and red chili powder and mix well, cook for few minutes under simmer. Now the chicken 65 is ready to serve with lemon juice & onions.

Hope you all like my recipe...plz follow my blog and visit again :)

Comments

  1. Looks yum ...Wish you same dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favorite chicken recipes. Yours look totally scrumptious! Happy Friendship day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chala bagundhi deepthi chusthuntene telusthundhi :) wonderful work dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy looking chicken 65. Wonderfully tempting to look at.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear DD
    Very nice. I try out all type of chicken 65 recipes. So I am going to try this one soon.
    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ho,they look so tempting and appetizing Deepthi...I am on a diet..you are tempting me to drool over the chicken..

    Happy friendship Day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chicken 65, a very unique name.Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que apetecible...me gusta la carne así en pinchitos!!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely colour and looks crunchy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. crispy chicken fry.....colourlooks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. buoni, veloci e soprattutto molto golosi!mi piace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, your chicken looks so crispy and delicious!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy, crispy and colorful fry

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, they are so attractive. Looks very crispy too.
    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy chicken 65,looks so tempting and happy friendship day dear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! You have done incredible job. I did not look such a mouthwatering chicken recipe ever. I am working women and I have enough time for cooking so I always try to search fitness recipes to maintain my body shape. Happy Friendship Day to All My Buddies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by GOOD FOOD RECIPES
Bookmark this blog, or subscribe via email, the recipes will reach your inbox
Do not forget to like me on Facebook and follow me on twitter :)
Please come back again :)
your DD :)