Egg stir fry/ scrambled egg in Indian style- Egg bhurji

Egg bhurji is very simple and quick dish. I would love to have it any time. I love it especially for rotis. It makes wonders with simple ingredients and delicious taste. It is very easy dish for the beginners to learn. I often find hostelers cooking it very often. It is perfect recipe for the bachelors. Now coming to the recipe.

Ingredients:
Eggs-6
Chopped onions-1/4cup
Green chillies-2
chopped cilantro-2t.s
Cumin seeds-1/2ts
Mustard seeds-1/2ts
Chana dal-1tbsp
Urad dal-1 tbsp
Turmeric-Pinch
Salt to taste
Chili powder-1/2tbsp
Red chili-1
vegetable oil-2ts

Directions:
Heat 2ts of oil in non stick pan and add cumin + mustard + chana + urad dal+ red chili and wait until they splutter. Add onions, Ginger Garlic paste and saute until they the onions become transparent. Add turmeric and cook for few min and add red chili powder &salt to taste. You can add cumin & coriander powder to spice up the curry. Mix all the ingredients well and finally break open the eggs and add, do not stir immediately. Wait till the bottom is well cooked them slowly stir the contents and mix them. It will get cook very soon so keep under medium flame, if you cook on high flame the outer part cooks and inner remains raw. so, be careful while cooking. when egg is completely cooked add cilantro and enjoy with rice/roti.

Hope you like my recipe, please feel free to post your comments. They are very valuable for me, you can even subscribe by e-mail to my blog, the recipes will reach your inbox. ThanX for visiting my space. Please bookmark it to visit/ remember again.

Comments

  1. burji the eternal favourite of mine looks well done !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it with chapathis... Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick and yummy..comfort food

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fast to cook and good to eat egg bhurji. excellent preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy quick recipe...love to prepare this for dinner at times..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I make this in a jiffy when I miss non-veg :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and super. Easy to prepare.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my comforting meal..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quick and oh so yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this curry.. I have to say any recipe with egg is my favorite..

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by GOOD FOOD RECIPES
Bookmark this blog, or subscribe via email, the recipes will reach your inbox
Do not forget to like me on Facebook and follow me on twitter :)
Please come back again :)
your DD :)