Home made salsa recipe

Salsa is a kind of dip/sauce a very famous and healthy Mexican food. I am a vegetarian, it is really hard to find the vegetarian food in Kentucky. I really had a bad experience in one china restaurant "East meets West", that day when I have been there, they arranged a buffet system. That means we have to serve our self and the meals will be placed at one place. My hubby is non vegetarian and he served what he like and sat on a table waiting for me. I went there and I was really confused with the vegetarian food and non vegetarian. In noodles I saw a shrimp, when I asked the server he said it was vegetarian noodles but some one by mistake would have thrown that in noodles. My God!!! that was really horrible, because the noodles was only food that are vegetarian in that restaurant. I will never visit that restaurant again. One fine day my hubby took me to Mexican restaurant and I found really good vegetarian dishes there, they first served Salsa with triangles. Wow that was fabulous. From then that became my favorite. Enough of the story and now let's see the preparation.

Ingredients:
Fresh tomato puree-1 cup( just take fresh tomatoes and grind them to paste)
green chili- different chili have different heat so take depending on the heat you want(Finger peppers-1 or jalapenos-1/2 or Indian green chili-2 in number)
Garlic cloves- 3
Salt to taste
Finely chopped onions-1/4 cup
Finely chopped cilantro-10 springs
Lemon juice-1/2 lemon full squeezed out
Vinegar- 1tbsp
Pepper powder-1/4tbsp

Directions:
Take tomato puree in a bowl. Grind green chili, little salt and garlic cloves in a hand grinder and add it to the tomato puree. Add cilantro, onions, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper powder and salt to taste. Mix well and serve with tortilla triangles.
Hope you like my recipe, please feel free to post your comments. They are very valuable for me, you can even subscribe by e-mail to my blog, the recipes will reach your inbox. ThanX for visiting my space. Please bookmark it to visit/ remember again.

Comments

  1. Delicious salsa....loved the color...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salsa looks very colorful and tempting. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumped into your space while blog hopping :) You have a wonderful collection of recipes .... will be back for more :) Following you :)

    Cheers,
    Satrupa

    http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i too have tried salsa at home..your recipe sounds easy n spicy...very nice DD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A spicy hot salsa. Yes, we do have some bad experiences with some restaurants. Just forget that and move on. Cheers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great...I will try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great and looking delicious.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by GOOD FOOD RECIPES
Bookmark this blog, or subscribe via email, the recipes will reach your inbox
Do not forget to like me on Facebook and follow me on twitter :)
Please come back again :)
your DD :)