Dhokla with the readymade flour available in the market

Dhokla is one of the dish I always wanted to try, this time I bought some ready made dokla flour form the "Patel brothers" one of the Indian grocery store in our near by area. The ingredients on the pack say that it contains besin (Gram flour) and rice flour. I was little confused, about the kind of ingredients that goes into the recipe. Later I did a little research and came up with my own recipe. It worked, dokla came out wonderfully. I never tasted dokla before, but now after making this yummy and healthy Indian flour cakes, I regret for not tasting them before. Form now dokla always stays in the weekly snack menu of our home.

I feel so dumb sometimes, because I bought dokla flour but forgot the fact that I do not have dokla plates. If your case is same like me, give me "high-5"!! No problem you can use the idli plates instead. Problem solved!  Now coming to the recipe.

Ingredients:
Dokla flour- 1 cup
Curd/ Yogurt-1/2cup
Turmeric-1/4 t.s
Chilli powder-1/4 t.s 
salt-1 t.s
Curry leaves-8
Green coriander-2 tbls
Eno fruit salt-1 t.s

For seasoning:
Mustard seeds- 1/2tbsp
oil-2tbsp
water-3tbsp
Whole green chillies-4
Coriander/cilantro leaves few
fresh grated coconut (optional)

PROCEDURE-
Take curd/yogurt in a bowl, beat well, then mix dhokla flour, turmeric, salt, chopped green chillies, lemon juice and chilli powder and make a semi thick batter with water. Keep aside for 20 minutes,add more water if it became thick.

Grease the plates with oil , add 1/2 t.s eno to the mixture and mix well and pour in to the greased plates and steam them. I used Microwave Idli maker for this process, I kept on high for 7min. Later when the dhoklas are ready wait for  5 minutes and let them set. When the dhoklas are all set remove them from the plates and cut into square or diamond shape pieces.
For seasoning:
Heat 3 tbls of oil in a small pan,add 1 t.s mustard seeds,pinch of asafoetida,,when done ,add 2 tbls of water in it and then garnish this mixture on the top of the dhokls along with coriander/cilantro and fresh coconut
Serve these yummy cakes with mint or coconut chutney. Hope you like my recipe, please leave your valuable comments and keep visitng.  

Comments

  1. My favourite snack..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Storebought products are always handy, well done DD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you shoba for stopping by and priya I agree with you these handy things in the kitchen make life simple n possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! Just what i was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. deliciously delicious..... saadepunjab.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. dhoklas look delicious... beautiful colour and presentation..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inviting…..keralaflowerplaza.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. visit was useful and content was really very good and informative. from - www.chennaicakesdelivery.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visa to Visit India from UK, Indian E Visa Online Application India is finally opening up its e-visa system to UK passport holders, in an attempt to boost tourism.
    Visa to Visit India from UK

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post keep sharing keep posting

    find latest health artcal daily visit
    www.eatingwell.ooo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful bloggers like yourself who would positively reply encouraged me to be more open and engaging in commenting. So know it's helpful.
    Adyar Ananda Bhavan Sweets
    Buy Indian Sweets Online
    North Indian Sweets
    Indian Sweets Online Free Delivery
    South Indian Snacks Online

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to have come across this

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by GOOD FOOD RECIPES
Bookmark this blog, or subscribe via email, the recipes will reach your inbox
Do not forget to like me on Facebook and follow me on twitter :)
Please come back again :)
your DD :)