Quiona- oats multigrain no fermentation dosa

Did you ever try Quiona? If you haven't tried it or tasted it, you are missing one of the most wonderful super food that you will love. Quiona is rich in protein (1 cup yields 6g of protein), fiber, minerals and iron. It is a wonderful food for pregnant women and it can be used in replacement with rice in our regular diet.

 Coming to the calories, how many calories do you consume each day? Do you count them to keep an eye? I do. Yes, Mam/Sir I count my calorie intake and I am cautious about it, not because I feel I am fat or not because I am thin. I only do this because I am under high risk of getting diabetics as my parents are diagnosed with diabetics in their late 30's.  I feel eating healthy and staying fit does not only improve your physical appearance but also polishes your self confidence. Now coming to the recipe....


Ingredients
Quiona-1.5cup
oats-1cup
Chana dal (Sanaga pappu)-1/4 cup
Urad dal(minapa pappu)-1 cup
Salt to taste
oil as required

Method
Soak Quiona, chana dal and urad dal after a slight rinse for 5-6hrs. Soak oats for just 5min before grinding. After soaking them drain the excess water and mix oats with Quiona, chana dal and urad dal mixture and grind them together. The consistency should be slightly thicker than regular dosa batter.

Now add salt and mix well, take a laddle full of dosa batter and spread like a pan cake on a hot non stick pan, you can also add some jeera (Cumin seeds) if you like to use them. Add 1/2tbsp of oil on the sides and let it cook till it turns golden brown, you can make masala dosa, onion dosa just like how you make regular dosa. If you follow the same method you will get soft dosa's.

Note: You can add rice flour to make crisp dosa's. You can serve them with tomato chutney, coconut chutney or ground nut chutney.


Comments

  1. Wat a healthy and nutritious dosa, one of my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dosa looks simply delicious and mouthwatering.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very healthy and scrumptious dosa. Lovely presentation dear.

    today's post:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/07/achari-bhindi-okras-in-pickle-spices.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. healthy and good one.wanna try this one

    ReplyDelete
  5. A healthy & yummy dosa.. A great substitute for the normal rice-lentil dosa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the lovely comments friends!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by GOOD FOOD RECIPES
Bookmark this blog, or subscribe via email, the recipes will reach your inbox
Do not forget to like me on Facebook and follow me on twitter :)
Please come back again :)
your DD :)